The HexHog is the ultimate off-road wheelchair offering unprecedented access to extreme terrain. This unique battery powered machine means you have the freedom to go places you wouldn’t have dreamed possible - at the push of a joystick!
Five years of testing and development in the harshest of mountain terrains and extreme environments has given rise to this unique off-road wheelchair. The HexHog has been designed to bring together the functional attributes of a powered wheelchair and ATV in one aesthetic package. Wheelchair users or those with limited dexterity can safely access the countryside and back country wilderness with total independence.
The HexHog is a modern clean sheet design taking advantage of latest technology, ticking all the boxes for unparalleled all-terrain mobility. Key design features include:
1. A patented flexing chassis providing stability superior to an ATV without needing to actively lean or ride. The chassis mechanism will ensure all six wheels maintain contact when traversing rough terrain, rocks and steep steps while minimising seat movement for a comfortable ride in the most extreme environments.
2. Lithium-ion battery power plant, meaning no vibration, fumes or noise from engines with a long range, in addition to providing a fast charge of less than 2 hours.
3. A seat transfer system, which advances and lowers the driving seat to a position for independent transfer from a wheelchair.
4. All-wheel drive providing maximum off-road traction. The sealed 6x6 transmission and raised drive motors in conjunction with the flexing chassis will allow the HexHog to tread water, travel through mud bogs, and cross snow or sand without harm or reduction in performance.
5. Electronic drive architecture, giving maximum independence to wheelchair users with varying abilities. The HexHog employs the latest control architecture, with a programmable joystick allowing safe operation on steep slopes and rough terrain. Bespoke adjustments can be made to suit all driving styles and safe operation with reduced dexterity or upper limb movement.
The HexHog measures just under 1.22m (4ft) wide, weighing 275KG (600lb). With a zero turning circle it offers superior all-terrain performance and manoeuvrability, while maintaining a transportable size. Whether it is for work or recreation, the HexHog breaks down barriers to areas previously thought to be off limits. From farming to fishing, shooting or simply accessing nature, the ultimate all-terrain chair gives independence and freedom to the toughest terrain. The HexHog’s durable design and quality build will endure mud, water, sandy beaches, snow or ice, making it the ideal companion for outdoor adventure.
The Hexhog may be of interest to anyone who wants to access the outdoors without hindrance, where conventional wheelchairs do not allow. The Hexhog also provides the ideal accompaniment to outdoor activity centres allowing wheelchair users the same level of enjoyment and access as all visitors. For example the Hexhog is an excellent alternative for wheelchair users on quad bike tracks.
The machine is of a design that would suit domestic or commercial usage.